Basehor resident found guilty in manslaughter case
A 41-year-old Basehor man has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in a fatal accident in January 2008 in Wyandotte County.
Eric Snitz, 41, Basehor, pleaded no contest to the charge, then was found guilty Monday morning by Wyandotte County District Judge J. Dexter Burdette.
Authorities say Snitz was operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol in a wreck at 86th and State Avenue in Kansas City, Kan. The wreck on Jan. 26, 2008, killed 17-year-old Christopher Brown.
Burdette set sentencing for 9 a.m. Nov. 6 in division 9 of Wyandotte County District Court.
Assistant District Attorneys David Mathews and Amy Mellor prosecuted the case. Dione Scherff of Olathe represented Snitz.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow