Jenkins, Moran to speak today in Leavenworth
Two U.S. representatives are planning speaking events today in Leavenworth.
U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Kan., who has been visiting communities in the 2nd Congressional District, will visit at 12:30 p.m. for a town hall meeting at the Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St.
U.S. Rep. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., will also be at the community center. Moran, who is running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Sam Brownback, will attend the Leavenworth Lions Club meeting, which will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
More like this story
- BLHS forensics students earn league medals
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- Kansas Turnpike has record summer traffic count