Artists association exhibit opens at Carnegie in Leavenworth
Leavenworth What do a glass of water, a square box, an egg, a parasol and a mousetrap have to do with art? They're all part of creations at the Leavenworth County Artists Association’s latest show at the Carnegie Arts Center.
The “High 5 - Object Project” opens at at the Carnegie, Fifth and Walnut, in Leavenworth, and will continue through Sept. 27. An opening reception will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4.
The association will share its “Images of Leavenworth” on Sept. 11 and 12 at the Heritage Center, Delaware and Esplanade streets, in conjunction with the First City Festival. Artists also will be stationed along the 3 Mile Creek River Walk on Saturday, Sept. 12, doing plein air painting and displaying their art.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora
- Remember When for Feb. 26, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor