Council changes meeting schedule
The Basehor City Council has changed operations up a bit.
At the regular meeting Monday night, the council unanimously approved a switch in its meeting schedule. Starting next month, the council will have one work session at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month and one regular meeting at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of every month. Council members will no longer meet for a work session during the middle of the month, and they will not have a work session before the regularly scheduled meeting.
City Administrator Mark Loughry suggested a change in schedule to give council members more time to discuss agenda items and to allow city staff more time to address council concerns before the regular meeting.
"I personally think it will work terrific," Council President Jim Washington said.
For more on this story and further action taken at Monday's Basehor City Council meeting, see Thursday's issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive