Bobcats earn soccer victory at Baldwin
Baldwin City Basehor-Linwood’s soccer team made the most of its shots on goal Thursday at Baldwin.
In the first half, the Bobcats’ first two shots were successful. That early 2-0 lead paved the way to a 3-1 victory over the Baldwin Bulldogs.
The Bobcats are now 3-3.
Basehor junior Patrick Rutherford scored the first goal on a header. His goal came 12 minutes into the game and just four minutes after the game resumed play after a stoppage for sprinklers.
Fellow junior Symon Seaton added to the Bobcats’ lead six minutes later. He shot from 30 feet out and drilled it right past Baldwin’s goalie to give the Bobcats a 2-0 lead.
Basehor-Linwood’s final goal came with 3:25 remaining in the contest. Rutherford again scored as the Bobcats passed the ball in front of Baldwin’s goal. Rutherford tapped the ball in to seal the victory.
Baldwin’s only score came with 10 minutes left in the game when Levi Moore knocked in a goal.
BLHS was slated to play Monday at Sumner Academy but the game was canceled because of rain. A makeup date has not yet been set.
The Bobcats were scheduled to play Wednesday at Mill Valley. Results were unavailable at press time.
More like this story
- Edwardsville expects revenue increase in 2016
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Basehor 2016 budget hearing moved to Aug. 17; bonds garner low interest rate
- Basehor council to review proposed development