Basehor’s Courtney wins Bonner Springs Invitational
Basehor-Linwood’s Bobby Courtney fired a nine-hole score of 40 and placed first at the Bonner Springs Invitational on Thursday at Sunflower Hills.
A trio of players shot 42s as Ottawa’s Zach George and Cody Croucher and Mill Valley’s Matt Rayburn finished second, third and fourth. Ottawa’s Clinton Moore took fifth with a 43.
Ottawa won the team title with a 221, Basehor-Linwood placed second with a 228 and Mill Valley finished third with a 229. Bonner Springs placed fifth with a 253.
Courtney wasn’t the only Basehor-Linwood player to have a solid round. Nick Rhodes narrowly missed a top-five finish as he shot a 44. Aaron Williams had a 47, Gabe Vlasic scored a 48, Alec Otting shot a 49 and Caleb Johnson fired a 52.
Jonathan Price was the top Bonner Springs performer as he shot a 45. Logan Opat also had a solid day for the Braves as he shot a 46. Also for BSHS, Steven Walker shot a 53, Logan Terrell had a 54, Shane Crosby scored a 55 and Kaleb Kivett shot a 63.
Basehor-Linwood and Bonner Springs both will be back in action Monday at the Gardner-Edgerton Blazer Invitational.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea