City earns Tree City designation again
For the 10th year, the National Arbor Day Foundation has named the city of Lansing a Tree City USA community for its commitment to community forestry.
Lansing has again met the four standards to become a Tree City USA community: having a tree board or department, a tree care ordinance, a comprehensive community forestry program and an Arbor Day observance.
“We know that trees increase our property values and reduce energy usage while adding beauty to our neighborhoods,” said Mayor Kenneth Bernard. “We are proud to be a Tree City USA Community again.”
For more information, contact Ken Miller at 913-208-6650 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark Derowitsch with the National Arbor Day Foundation can also be contacted at 888-448-7337 or at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Kansas Supreme Court to hear Wichita pot ordinance arguments
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old