Free screenings offered during KCKCC health fair
Up to 10 free health screenings will be available at Health Fair 10’ at Kansas City Kansas Community College from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, April 15, in the upper level Jewell Building on the KCKCC campus at 7250 State Avenue.
In addition to the free screenings and health education, a cholesterol blood chemistry will be available for $28 and a 20 chemistry test with lipid profile and complete blood count for $35. Both tests require a 12-hour fast from food and drink with the exception of water, although persons with diabetes should not fast and prescription medicine should not be interrupted. A PSA blood test for men will be offered for $25 and a TSH test for thyroid will be available for $27.
The areas of free screenings include blood pressure, height and weight, HIV/STD testing, blood sugar level, vision, percent of body fat, hearing, grip strength, spinal flexibility, oral hygiene/cancer, and chiropractic analysis.
Physicians, registered nurses, and dietitian will be on hand to answer health questions.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty