Neighbors: Jennifer Schlicht
Occupation: Bonner Springs High School social studies teacher
Place of birth: Kansas City, Mo.
Family: Husband, Troy, and two dogs, Jasper and Angel
Q: When did you move to Bonner Springs and what brought you here?
A: I came here to student teach and liked it so much I continued my career here.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: I went to Argentina for five weeks to learn Spanish. It changed my perspective on learning language, what it means to be an American in another part of the world, and it reaffirmed my faith in humanity.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: Do it. What’s the worst that can happen?
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I’m a loyal person who is passionate about teaching and travel. I also enjoy people watching.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A veterinarian or a professional baseball player’s wife.
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: A year-long trip around the world.
Song: “Clocks” by Coldplay or “Piano Man” by Billy Joel
Food: Filet mignon
More like this story
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- Face to Face: Edwardsville paramedic Christy Johnson
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes