Basehor-Linwood students get surprise lesson in safety
Thursday started out like any other day at Basehor-Linwood High School, but that afternoon, the entire student body was witness to a drunk driving accident in the school's parking lot.
Several students participated in a simulated car crash to bring home a point to their classmates: drinking and driving is never worth the consequences.
Fairmount Township Fire Department, the Basehor Police Department, Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services, the Leavenworth County Health Department and the Kansas Highway Patrol volunteered their time that day to assist the students in creating a realistic emergency situation.
For more on this story, see the April 22 issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Perky's Cafe joins downtown Bonner eateries
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Face to Face: Basehor craft show leader Pam Maughmer
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth