Sean Ryan Memorial Classic back for a fifth year
The fifth annual Sean Ryan Memorial Flag Football Classic will take place Saturday, June 12, at Lansing Middle School.
Cost for the six-on-six tournament is $20 per player and includes a T-shirt. Registration closes June 7.
For more information, contact Kyle Deere at (913) 775-3492 or Blake Deere at (913) 683-4614.
Ryan was a 2003 graduate of Lansing High School who was killed in an automobile accident in 2006. Friends started the flag football tournament that summer to keep his memory alive. Proceeds from the tournament go to the Sean Ryan Scholarship Fund. The scholarship is presented to a senior Lansing High School football player.
The tournament has drawn players from Lansing, Leavenworth, Tonganoxie, Basehor, Bonner Springs and Lawrence in recent years.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims