Wichita resident dies at Vans Warped Tour stop in Bonner
Bonner Springs Police and the Wyandotte County District Attorney’s Office are investigating a death that occurred Monday during the Vans Warped Tour at Capitol Federal Park at Sandstone in Bonner Springs.
According to police, Curtis DeForest, 26, Wichita, collapsed of an as-yet-unknown cause between 7 and 8 p.m. while watching one of the acts during the daylong concert.
Bonner Springs Police Lt. Rick Schubert said friends of DeForest’s called for assistance. DeForest was transported on advanced life support to Providence Medical Center. He died at the hospital.
Police say foul play was not suspected at this time, but the exact cause of death was still under investigation.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- Basehor-Linwood edges Maranatha in overtime
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Some Kansas regions report near record rainfall in May