Fall sports set to start at BLMS
Fall sports begin Aug. 16 at Basehor-Linwood Middle School, and athletics director Tom Cooper wants parents and students to be aware of medical requirements and location changes.
All athletes must have a current physical on file with the school to practice.
All practices and tryouts will be closed, and there will be no activity busses for practice this year so athletes must make their own arrangements to get to practice.
Cross country practice will be from 9 to 11 a.m. at the new middle school building.
Football practice also will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Players will meet at the new school and then walk to Glenwood Elm to practice. Additional practices will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Aug. 17-20.
Volleyball tryouts and practices will take place at Basehor-Linwood High School Aug. 16-20 because of construction at the new middle school. Tryouts will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Aug. 16, and from 6 to 7:30 a.m. Aug. 17-20.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds