Work to begin n U.S. 24
A pavement repair project will begin Monday, Aug. 9, on U.S. Highway 24 from the Kansas Highway 16/U.S. 24 junction in Tonganoxie east to the Leavenworth/Wyandotte County line.
Crews will first complete pavement repairs, then apply an overlay to the entire roadway surface. Work will take place between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with a scheduled completion date for the project to be in early fall of this year.
Drivers in this area should expect minor delays or look for alternate routes as both eastbound and westbound lanes on U.S. 24 will be reduced to one lane intermittently and the speed limit will be 55 mph throughout the work zone.
Updated daily lane closure information can be found at ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Basehor-Linwood softball sweeps St. James
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender