U.S. 24-40 road work ongoing
A pavement repair project is under way on U.S. Highway 24-40 from the Kansas Highway 16/U.S. Highway 24-40 junction in Tonganoxie east to the Leavenworth/Wyandotte County line.
Crews with APAC Inc.’s Kansas City division, will first complete pavement repairs and then apply an overlay to the entire road surface. Work will take place daily between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said traffic on eastbound and westbound U.S. 24-40 will be reduced to one lane intermittently. The speed limit will be restricted to 55 mph throughout the project work zone. Drivers should expect minor delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes, if possible. Updated daily lane closure information for the project can be viewed online at: ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
Total contract cost of the project is $2.17 million. The project is scheduled to be completed by early fall, KDOT said in a news release.
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Remember When for May 21, 2015
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field