U.S. 24-40 road work ongoing
A pavement repair project is under way on U.S. Highway 24-40 from the Kansas Highway 16/U.S. Highway 24-40 junction in Tonganoxie east to the Leavenworth/Wyandotte County line.
Crews with APAC Inc.’s Kansas City division, will first complete pavement repairs and then apply an overlay to the entire road surface. Work will take place daily between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said traffic on eastbound and westbound U.S. 24-40 will be reduced to one lane intermittently. The speed limit will be restricted to 55 mph throughout the project work zone. Drivers should expect minor delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes, if possible. Updated daily lane closure information for the project can be viewed online at: ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
Total contract cost of the project is $2.17 million. The project is scheduled to be completed by early fall, KDOT said in a news release.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Area students included on fall 2014 KU honor rolls