Youth theater class offered
The Bonner Springs Parks and Recreation department will play host to a theater class for youths called The Out-of-Trunk Players.
The class, which will be conducted by members of the Kansas Academy of Theatrical Arts, will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Aug. 24 and running for three five-week sessions.
Session one will focus on theater and theater crafts, where young participants will create masks and murals as they act out their favorite movies. Session two will focus on comedy theater, where youths will learn the art of telling a joke, pantomiming and clowning around. Session three will focus on holiday music theater, where young actors will act out holiday traditions from around the world.
The target age group for the class is 8-14 years, but anyone is welcome. Space is limited, however, and pre-enrollment is required. The deadline to sign up is Friday, Aug. 20, and the fees are $40 per session for Bonner residents and $45 per session for non-residents.
For more information, contact Dustin Care at (913) 422-3404.
More like this story
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Remember When for April 23, 2015
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties