Bonner resident sentenced to life for rape of relatives
A Bonner Springs resident was handed a life sentence on Aug. 18 for rape and aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
Gregory Lopez, 53, was sentenced in Wyandotte County District Court to life with a minimum of 25 years under Jessica’s Law for one count of rape, and an additional 272 months to run consecutively to the first sentence for one count of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. According to Bonner Springs Police Department Lt. Rick Schubert, the victims in question were two female relatives of Lopez's, ages 17 and 6.
Schubert said the incidents occurred over a 10-year span, between 2000 and 2010. In February of this year, he said, one of the victims told a family member about the abuse. The family member then made a report to police.
Lopez was arrested in March, after an investigation by Bonner Springs Police.
More like this story
- Linwood man sentenced to life in prison for molesting child
- Tonganoxie man sentenced to 23 years for rape, indecent liberties with child
- Linwood man, sentenced to life for child rape, gets stricter bond conditions
- Tonganoxie man, 37, pleads guilty to raping young girl
- 67-year-old Basehor resident sentenced in indecent liberties case