KCK couple die in K-32 accident in Edwardsville
A Kansas City, Kan., couple were killed Tuesday in an accident on Kansas Highway 32 at 98th Street in Edwardsville.
Thomas L. Stidham, 72, and Linda L. Stidham, 65, both of Kansas City, Kan., died in the crash, which occurred just after 4 p.m. the Kansas Highway Patrol reported.
According to patrol reports, the Stidhams’ 1998 Ford passenger vehicle was traveling east on K-32 and turned south onto 98th Street, where it made a U-turn. The vehicle re-entered the intersection onto K-32 without yielding to oncoming traffic. That’s when it was struck by a 1996 vehicle traveling east and driven by 22-year-old Leroy W. Taylor III, Kansas City, Kan. The point of impact on the Stidham’s vehicle was the driver’s side front and rear doors.
The Stidhams were pronounced dead at the scene. The patrol said Taylor was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center with unspecified injuries.
All three people involved in the accident were wearing seat belts.
The accident forced the Highway Patrol to shut down a section of K-32 while clearing the accident. The highway was reopened about 7:40 p.m.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Bonner police investigate aggravated robbery