Motorcyclists to participate in March of Dimes event
This year’s March of Dimes Bikers for Babies benefit is scheduled for Sept. 19.
The event supports local research grants focused on issues related to premature birth and community programs such as NICU Family Support at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Saint Luke’s Hospital and Stormont-Vail Regional Medical Center in Topeka.
The 115-mile ride will depart from the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan. The preliminary plans call for the route to go through Leavenworth and Jefferson counties and pass through Springdale, Easton, Winchester, Valley Falls, Ozawkie, Oskaloosa, McLouth, Tonganoxie and Basehor.
For more information or to donate or register for the ride, visit bikersforbabiteskc.org.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary