Retired employees group plans candidate forum
The National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees will have a general election candidate/issue forum at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 2, at the Heritage Center, 109 Delaware, Leavenworth.
Richard Fry of the November Patriots will conduct the forum, which is open to the public. All candidates who will be voted upon by Leavenworth County residents in contested races have been invited and no stand-ins are allowed. The audience will be able to ask questions of candidates orally or in writing.
Several ballot questions that are expected to be on the ballot will be presented.
Refreshments will be served.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Kansas utility to retire old generating units by year's end
- Kansas regulators to have hearings on Westar rate agreement
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule