Escaped Kansas inmate apprehended in KCMO
George Dudley, an inmate at the Larned State Hospital who escaped from custody while making a court appearance Monday at the Wyandotte County Courthouse, was apprehended Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities tracked Dudley to the Kansas City, Mo., Division of Motor Vehicles while he was attempting to register a car he had purchased .
According to the Wyandotte County District Attorney's Office, Dudley has been charged with one count of aggravated escape from custody, which is a felony. The charge is in addition to Dudley's previous charge and conviction as a sex offender.
Dudley, currently in custody in Missouri, is awaiting extradition to Kansas. He faces a maximum sentence of 23 months in prison on the escape charges.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books