Neighbors: Ross Schwisow
Ross Schwisow of Basehor shares a little bit about himself for this week's Neighbors column.
Occupation: Strength and conditioning instructor at Basehor-Linwood High School
Place of birth: Emporia
Family: My wife, Dana; my daughter, Alaina, 2 years old; my son, Ty, 11 weeks old; and my dog, Wilson.
Q: When did you move to Basehor, and what brought you here?
A: My wife and I moved here in May of 2006 when I was hired to start a strength and conditioning program for Basehor-Linwood High School.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: Moving from a job that I was comfortable with to another state to begin a new career.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: “Be a constant learner.”
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: That even though I am very serious, I like to have fun; that even though I like to have fun I am very serious; and that I feel blessed to have a great family and to have a job that does not feel like a job.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A great father, husband and teacher.
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: Anywhere I can go to relax and recharge my batteries.
Song: Anything by Jamey Johnson
Food: Anything spicy — preferably hot wings
More like this story
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education