Filing deadline in January for four school board seats
Four Basehor-Linwood Board of Education seats will be up for election in the spring, and the filing deadline is Jan. 25, 2011.
The seats up for election are:
• Position 1, now held by Jeane' Redmond: all territory north of Parallel Road, extending to the northern boundary of the school district;
• Position 2, now held by Dayna Miller: all territory south of Parallel Road and extending to the Sherman Township boundary line (K-32 Highway and Hemphill Road);
• Position 3, now held by Eric Dove: All territory south of the Sherman Township boundary line (Kansas Highway 32 and Hemphill Road) and extending to the Kansas River;
• and Position 7, which is an at-large seat for anyone who resides within the district.
The winners of the seats will serve four-year terms, beginning in July 2011. Meetings are the second Monday of each month, with additional meetings and workshops as needed.
People with questions about the positions can contact superintendent David Howard at (913) 724-1396 or email@example.com. For questions about how to file for the election, contact the Leavenworth County clerk's office at (913) 684-0421.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident