Letter to the editor: Give thanks for Muriel Jared
To the editor:
Thank you for the Chieftain article on longtime former Bonner Springs High School algebra teacher and Vaughn-Trent volunteer Muriel Jared (Nov. 11 Chieftain).
Mrs. Jared Day was declared on Oct. 26 in her honor for board and volunteer service with the Vaughn-Trent Community Service program. She began community service after retiring from teaching in 1985.
Mrs. Jared is one of the reasons I maintained the B-average honor roll in high school in 1975-76. I had more writing ability than math potential in high school, but thanks to Jared I earned a B overall in one full year of freshman algerbra. She maintained steady daily instruction at the chalkboard in every class to encourage the “practice-makes-perfect” philosophy that helped me get through a difficult subject.
Happy Birthday to Mrs. Jared for her recent 89th birthday. Tell her she is a wonderful lady and has done plenty of good things for the little town of Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Basehor-Linwood softball sweeps St. James
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education