KDOT reports roads in ‘really good shape’
Crews working overnight have attacked an icy covering that caused treacherous conditions Wednesday night on area highways.
At 6 a.m. today, the Kansas Department of Transportation reported that northeast Kansas highways, including mainline lanes, ramp areas, bridges and overpasses, are in really good shape for the morning commute.
KDOT crews reporting all NE Kansas highways are either wet and/or dry at this point in time. KDOT crews were out during the overnight and early-morning hours monitoring conditions and continuing to treat roads as needed.
KDOT urged morning commuters to take it slow on side streets, driveways, sidewalks, those areas that have not been treated as they may still be slick. Drivers, KDOT said, should still allow extra time for their drive in to work this morning.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Organization Orientation: Basehor Historical Museum Society
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life