Basehor teen competes at Miss Kansas Teen USA
Megan Noel Knight of Basehor won more than $30,000 in scholarships while competing at the Miss Kansas Teen USA Pageant in Wichita earlier this month.
Knight, the daughter of Jim and Nancy Jirik and Rodney and Staci Knight, competed as Miss Basehor Teen USA in the pageant, which was Dec. 17-19 in Wichita.
Knight is a junior at Basehor-Linwood High School, where she is a member of National Honor Society, manager for the boys basketball team and a varsity debater.
She was sponsored by Lynch Real Estate, Sunflower Embroidery, Dairy Queen, Magnum Opus, American Family Insurance, Vesta Lee Lumber, Remax Action, Klein Orthodontics, Sutton-Kolman Automotive, J.E.D. Installation, Bucher Family Dentistry, Scooter’s Coffeehouse, Simple Simon’s Pizza and friends and family.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Judge to consider blocking Kansas ban on abortion method
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties