BLHS boys rally past Tonganoxie
It wasn’t easy, but the Basehor-Linwood boys basketball team remained undefeated in the Kaw Valley League with a 61-52 win Tuesday at Tonganoxie.
The Bobcats (11-2 overall, 6-0 KVL) looked the part of the league favorite and the defending Class 4A state champions as they kept their cool on the road, despite trailing the rival Chieftains late in the third quarter.
THS (6-7, 3-3) led 42-39 with more than a minute to go in the third, but BLHS sophomore forward Colin Murphy hit back-to-back 3-pointers to close the quarter. The Bobcats never trailed again.
Basehor-Linwood then opened the fourth on an 8-3 run to keep Tonganoxie at a distance and closed out the game going 6-for-6 at the free throw line in the final 1:05 — Mark Vaca hit four freebies and Murphy hit two.
Senior forward Keaton Schaffer led THS with 19 points, while sophomore Dane Erickson added 17.
The Murphy twins led the way for the Bobcats as Ryan Murphy finished with a game-high 21 and Colin Murphy had 18.
Basehor-Linwood looks to remain undefeated in the KVL with a 7:30 p.m. Friday home date against Mill Valley.
More like this story
- Society explains lack of action with Basehor's 1905 library
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- Arizona must pay fines, reimburse Kansas customers
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas