Linwood man at KU Hospital following head-on collision
A Linwood man remains at an area hospital after being taken by air ambulance from the scene of a head-on collision.
Marvin L. Torneden, 67, Linwood, at 7:23 p.m. Monday, was driving his 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass west on Kansas Highway 32 a half-mile east of 238th Street when he lost control of his vehicle on the icy road and went left of center, striking head-on a 2003 Saab driven by Hollie S. Journey, 30, Linwood.
Torneden was taken to Kansas University Hospital by air ambulance. He still is a patient at the hospital, but his condition is not available, a hospital official there said Wednesday afternoon.
Journey was taken to Overland Park Regional Hospital for possible injuries, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Journey was wearing a seat belt; Torneden was not wearing a safety restraint, reports said.
More like this story
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map