Congresswoman to judge high school art competition
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins is accepting entries for the 2010 Congressional Art Competition from all high school students in the 2nd District.
The winning entry in the competition will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year. The deadline for submitting artwork is 5 p.m. Friday, April 16. All submissions must be received at Jenkins’ office at 3550 SW Fifth St., Topeka, KS 66606.
The winning entry will be announced at a reception on Saturday, May 1, at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.
For more information, call Jenkins’ Topeka office, (785) 234- 5966 or visit her Web site, lynnjenkins.house.gov.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career