County clerks’ group offering scholarships
The Kansas County Clerk’s and Election Officials Association are taking scholarship applications from those students who are majoring in journalism, political science or communications. The scholarships are available to high school seniors with a 3.0 GPA or a freshman or sophomore in college with a 3.0 GPA.
Due to the joint efforts of the county clerks and election officials, Secretary of State’s Office and the voters news service, the scholarship committee will be awarding 12 scholarships in the amount of $500 each.
Applications may be picked up at the county clerk’s office or from the school counselor’s office from each school district.
All applications must be returned to your local county clerk or mailed to Inge Luntsford, 130 N. Spruce, Kingman, KS 67068, on or before April 2.
The scholarship winners will be announced at the County Clerk’s and Election Officials Association’s Seminar in May. The county clerk from the recipient’s county will award the scholarship.
For additional information, please contact Janet Klasinski, Leavenworth County Clerk, 300 Walnut, Suite 106, Leavenworth County Courthouse, Leavenworth or (913) 684-0422.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books