2010 Census questionnaires to be sent out in March
The 2010 Census Bureau questionnaires, containing 10 questions that should take about 10 minutes to answer, will be sent out in the beginning of March.
It is required by law that all residents fill out the brief questionnaire and return it to the Census Bureau in the postage-paid envelope that is provided. Additionally, if all residents don’t respond to the census, the city of Bonner could lose out on up to $13,000 in federal funds.
According to the Census Bureau, the census affects allocation of more than $400 billion each year for new hospitals, schools, roads, bridges, emergency services and job training centers, and also provides demographic information for every community in the United States. It also helps to determine how many seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives.
The Census Bureau hopes to complete the total population count by the end of the year. A census is conducted every 10 years, with the last census taken in 2000.
For more information about the census, visit 2010census.gov.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink