County offers scholarships
The Kansas County Clerk's and Election Officials Association are taking scholarship applications from those students who are majoring in journalism, political science or communications. The scholarships are available to high school seniors with a 3.0 GPA or a freshman or sophomore in college with a 3.0 GPA.
The scholarship committee will be awarding 12 scholarships in the amount of $500 each. Applications may be picked up at the county clerk's office or from the school counselor's office from each school district.
All applications must be returned to your local county clerk or mailed to Inge Luntsford, 130 N. Spruce, Kingman, KS 67068, on or before April 2.
The scholarship winners will be announced at the County Clerk’s and Election Officials Association’s Seminar in May.
For additional information, please contact Janet Klasinski, Leavenworth County Clerk, 300 Walnut, Suite 106, Leavenworth County Courthouse, Leavenworth or (913) 684-0422
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday