Student receives scholarship
Basehor student Kim Peterson was recently named the recipient of the Nancy London Kassebaum-Baker Scholarship, worth $1,000, from Kansas State University.
Named in honor of Nancy Landon Kassebaum-Baker, the former U.S. senator from Kansas, the Kassebaum Scholarship recognizes students who have shown potential for success in a variety of areas, including academics, leadership, community service, performing arts, research, political activity, forensics, debate and athletics.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures