Basehor boys cruise to 18th victory
Basehor-Linwood took care of business on Friday night for its final warm up before Class 4A substate play begins next week with a 78-58 victory over rival Bonner Springs.
The Bobcats pounded the short-handed Braves down on the blocks all night long getting 14 points from sophomore forward Ryan Murphy and 19 from twin brother Colin Murphy. Senior Richie O’Donnell added 14 points in the post.
Midway through the second quarter, the Braves were hanging with Basehor, trailing 22-21, until junior Austin Stubbs came off the bench and had two quick buckets and a block to energize the Bobcats. Stubbs’ play ignited the sleeping giant as BLHS closed the second quarter on a 15-4 run to put a little distance between the two teams at halftime.
BLHS used a 9-0 and an 8-3 run to close out the pesky Braves in the second half.
The Bobcats (18-2) closed out an undefeated Kaw Valley League championship, and they open Class 4A substate play at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at home against Bishop Ward.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments