BLHS girls pound Bonner Springs
The Basehor-Linwood girls wasted little time ending any hopes for an upset bid by rival Bonner Springs Friday night.
Basehor jolted the Bravettes in the first quarter and never looked back on its way to a 54-32 victory.
After jumping out to a 17-2 lead at the end of the first quarter, BLHS let the Bravettes climb back into the game behind a 10-3 run just before halftime. However, junior center Megan Bergstrom hit a basket just as the buzzer was sounding to send her team into the locker room with an 11-point lead.
Bergstrom was a load all night long. She controlled the glass on both sides of the floor and scored 15 of her 27 points in the second half. She also added seven blocks.
BLHS (13-7) opens Class 4A substate play at 6 p.m. Tuesday at home against Bishop Ward.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers