Symon Seaton reaches state title match
Basehor-Linwood junior Symon Seaton has earned an opportunity to become a state champion.
Seaton, the No. 1-ranked wrestler in Class 4A at 125 pounds, earned his first trip to the state finals Friday at the Salina Bicentennial Center by winning his first three matches.
The state finals will take place Saturday evening.
Seaton began his day with a 5-1 decision against Seth Gunter of Mulvane and then moved on to the semifinals by beating Jake Mertins of Valley Center with an 8-0 major decision.
Seaton battled to a 3-1 decision against Logan Singular of Clay Center in the semifinal match Friday evening.
Seaton (33-2) will square off in the title match against Silver Lake senior Brett LaMar (35-2).
Also for BLHS, junior Mike Torrez is still alive in the 103-pound bracket, and senior Joe Johnson is still in the hunt for a medal at 160. Both went 1-1 on Friday.
Tyler Simpson posted an 0-2 mark at 130 and Derek Pike went 0-2 at 135.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books