Tonganoxie, Basehor-Linwood school canceled for Wednesday
The threat of inclement weather has caused officials to call off school Wednesday in Basehor-Linwood and Tonganoxie school districts.
Officials made the call before 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Wednesday in the area, including Leavenworth County.
Wednesday's forecast calls for snow, mainly after 9 a.m. with a high near 23. Wind chill values are expected to be between minus 9 and 1. The chance of precipitation is 90 percent with new snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Basehor-Linwood's cancellation delays the opening of the new Basehor Elementary School 3-5. The building should open according to the same schedule when school resumes.
More like this story
- NO CLASSES: Basehor-Linwood USD 458, Tonganoxie USD 464, Genesis Christian Academy cancel Thursday classes due to inclement weather
- Basehor-Linwood, Bonner Springs closing school Monday because of winter weather
- Lansing schools closed today
- Basehor-Linwood schools closed for second day, frigid temperatures to follow snow
- Classes canceled Wednesday for local schools