Tonganoxie, Basehor-Linwood school canceled for Wednesday
The threat of inclement weather has caused officials to call off school Wednesday in Basehor-Linwood and Tonganoxie school districts.
Officials made the call before 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Wednesday in the area, including Leavenworth County.
Wednesday's forecast calls for snow, mainly after 9 a.m. with a high near 23. Wind chill values are expected to be between minus 9 and 1. The chance of precipitation is 90 percent with new snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Basehor-Linwood's cancellation delays the opening of the new Basehor Elementary School 3-5. The building should open according to the same schedule when school resumes.
More like this story
- Kansas museum restores Stearman Model 4D plane
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Society explains lack of action with Basehor's 1905 library
- USD 458 reviews plans for BLHS technical center, other construction
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000