Transfer station to be closed Friday for equipment repair
The Leavenworth County transfer station, 136th Street and Gilman Road, will be closed on Friday while crews make repairs to some scales on the tipping floor.
County officials said the scales in the pit needed to be repaired to avoid over filling the trucks with waste.
The county hopes to have the transfer station and the recycling center open for its regular hours, 8 a.m.–2 p.m., Saturday.
Officials asked county residents to call the station at (913) 727-2858 on Saturday to make sure the station is open for customers before coming in with waste.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings