Chamber of commerce appoints new president
Former Basehor Chamber of Commerce Vice President Aladdin Ashkar was elected president of the chamber at the chamber's Jan. 6 board meeting, its first meeting of 2010.
Ashkar is a 1998 graduate of Immaculata High School and earned his degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-Kansas City’s Henry Bloch School of Business.
For the last seven years, Ashkar has worked as a loan officer for area community banks, specializing in commercial and real estate loans. He currently serves as vice president and commercial lending officer for Community National Bank in Basehor.
This is Ashkar’s third year on the Basehor chamber board of directors. Ashkar is also one of the original founders of the Young Professionals of Leavenworth County and is a member of Leavenworth County Development Corporation.
He is married to Aundria (Kersten) Ashkar and they have two sons, Laith, 3, and Zaid, who will be 1 in February.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence