Council on Aging begins Senior Express transport
The Council on Aging is now offering Senior Express Transportation services to the residents of Tonganoxie, Basehor and Linwood who are 55 and over.
Reservations and a fee are required for transportation. Dispatch hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Senior Express Transportation service hours begin at 8 a.m. with the last scheduled ride at 2:00 p.m. Senior Express charges a fee per person of $1 for trips within the city limits of either Basehor or Tonganoxie, $2 for trips between the cities of Tonganoxie and Basehor, or $2 for trips of the immediate rural area to travel into either city.
Also available is transportation outside the county for medical needs only, with the fee of $10 per one-way trip. Trip reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis and limited to availability. Call (877) 720-5556 to inquire about services and fees.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow