Library planning book discussion group
The Basehor Community Library will begin its spring Book T.A.L.K (Talk About Literature in Kansas) Feb. 8. This program is sponsored by the Kansas Humanities Council and is for every Kansan who loves to read and discuss good books.
This series is “That’s Funny! Books That Make Us Laugh.”
The first book in the series is "The Egg and I," a humorous memoir by Betty McDonald about her adventures and travails as a young wife on a chicken farm in Washington state.
Participants will discuss the book at 2 p.m. Feb. 8 at the library.
Copies of the book will be available at the library in January. Book T.A.L.K. is free and open to the public.
For more information, please contact Laura Carroll, adult services librarian, at (913) 724-2828 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning