Free weatherization services will lower utility costs
No cost weatherization services are available for the elderly, handicapped and low- to moderate-income residents by the East Central Kansas Economic Opportunity Corporation. Weatherization services will help to lower utility costs and may include:
• Cleaning/tuning up of furnaces, or replacement if necessary
• Sealing leaks in heating systems
• Repairing broken glass in windows
• Sealing holes in outside walls/ceilings for insulation
• Insulating attic areas and exterior walls
The service is at no cost for those who rent or own their homes and qualify under the program guidelines. More information can be found by calling Gabrielle Carrassquilla with ECKAN at (785) 893-1544.