BLHS, BSHS softball players honored
Among the numerous honors collected by the Basehor-Linwood softball team this season, none will be more meaningful than the title of Class 4A state champions.
Still, the Bobcats had numerous other accomplishments this season, such as a second-place finish in the Kaw Valley League and a sparkling 24-2 record.
Now, five Bobcats can also call themselves All-Kaw Valley League performers. They were named to the postseason team by league coaches.
Sophomore Brooke Redmond was named to the first team as a pitcher after powering the Bobcats to the state championship.
Senior shortstop Megan Rehm was named to the first team, as was sophomore center fielder Hannah Tush.
Senior second baseman Caylee Smith — dangerous both for her reliable glove and speed on the base paths — earned second team status, and Shelby Pierce was an honorable mention selection as a utility player for her work as a pitcher and first baseman.
Meanwhile, Bonner Springs capped its breakout season with a fifth-place finish in the league and a 9-12 record. Two Bravettes earned All-KVL honors.
Sophomore shortstop Breanna Tendick was named to the second team, as was sophomore catcher Shelbie Thornton.
More like this story
- LCHS hires firm to design future shelter
- Hollywood Casino delays start of hotel project
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit