Leavenworth, Wyandotte electons approaching
Important dates are approaching for voters as the August primary election nears.
Next week, on July 14, advanced voting ballots are scheduled to be mailed by Leavenworth and Wyandotte County election officials.
On July 19, registration for voting in the primary closes. The following day, July 20, advanced voting in person begins at the Leavenworth County Clerk’s Office, 300 Walnut St., Leavenworth, and at the Wyandotte County Election Office, 850 State Ave. Voters can cast ballots from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Advance voting ends at noon Aug. 2.
Tuesday, Aug. 3 is the Primary Election Day with voting polls open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Polling places are located throughout Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
The Republican Primary is a closed primary. Voters must be a registered Republican to vote. However, unaffiliated voters may declare a party affiliation at the polls on election day and vote in the Republican Primary.
The Democratic Primary is open to all Democratic and unaffiliated voters.
On the ballot are several federal and state offices, along with precinct committee positions that are being contested.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink