Shawnee woman in serious condition after accident
A Shawnee woman is in serious condition Monday afternoon at an area hospital following a Friday accident in southern Leavenworth County.
Serena R. Teopaco, 37, Shawnee, was taken by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital after the accident, which occurred about 6:50 p.m. Friday at County Road 1 and Kansas Highway 32.
Teopaco was driving east on Kansas Highway 32 in a 2009 Hyundai Sonata when a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, driven by Amy D. Lewis, 29, Lawrence, traveling south on CR 1, ran the stop sign and struck Teopaco’s vehicle, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office reports said.
Lewis was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital by her husband for minor pains, reports said. She later was treated and released, a hospital official said. Both drivers were wearing their seat belts, reports said. Alcohol did not appear to be a contributing factor to the wreck, reports said.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs volunteer Becky Korgol
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa