Senate hopefuls to bus tables at GOP breakfast
The Red, White and Biscuit Breakfast is expected to bring several Republican candidates to Tonganoxie, including both candidates in the heated race for Sam Brownback’s Senate seat.
The event will be 8-10 a.m. Saturday at the Knox Dairy Barn on the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site campus on West Washington Street, northwest of West Haven Baptist Church.
U.S. Reps. Jerry Moran and Todd Tihart, who are running for Brownback’s U.S. Senate seat, are expected at the event, as are other candidates: Secretary of State hopeful Kris Kobach, 2nd District Congressional candidate Dennis Pyle, commissioner of insurance candidate David Powell, attorney general hopeful Derek Schmidt, 42nd District state representative incumbent Connie O’Brien, 41st District state representative candidate Jana Goodman, 40th District state representative candidate Sandra Bohne and others.
Serving the biscuits and gravy, as well as coffee, will be the candidates.
Dennis and Denise Bixby will be preparing the food.
Admission to the event is donation of two nonperishable food items or cash donations, which will be given to the Good Sheppard Thrift Store and Food Bank.
More like this story
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney