Turnpike ramp reopens
As of noon Tuesday the eastbound Interstate 70 to Kansas Highway 7 entrance ramp in Bonner Springs was reopened to traffic.
The Kansas Turnpike ramp had been closed since July 2, when an oversized semitrailer damaged the bridge as it traveled underneath it.
Damage was caused to a steel beam under the bridge deck, and repairs had to be made before it was reopened to all traffic, the Kansas Department of Transportation reported. Repair work was completed by Flame On, Inc., Seattle, Wash. Flame On specializes in structural steel heat straightening, which was used in the repair of the bridge girders.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri