YMCAs add football camp led by former KU player
The Providence and Bonner Springs Family YMCAs have added a new summer program that begins soon.
Former Kansas University running back Jake Sharp will lead a youth football clinic Saturday, July 31, at David Jaynes Stadium. A session for 5- to 8-year-olds will run from 10 a.m. to noon. A session for 9- to 12-year-olds will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Space is limited. Registration closes Friday, July 30.
In addition, registration closes Friday, July 23, for session four tennis lessons. Registration remains open for youth soccer, youth flag football, youth volleyball, bitty soccer, bitty flag football and adult league women’s and coed volleyball.
For more information, contact the Providence YMCA at (913) 378-9622 or go online to kansascityymca.org/providence sports, or contact the Bonner Springs YMCA at (913) 422-9348 or go online to kansascityymca.org/bonnerspringssports.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Reviewing history behind name change of North America's highest peak
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Online comments exemplify need for common courtesy, respect
- Reviewing the legacy of a 'good, but unfortunate' president