Tonganoxie man killed in accident on Kansas Turnpike
A 49-year-old Tonganoxie man was killed in an early-morning accident on the Kansas Turnpike Sunday.
Jeffrey Jacobs was driving his 2000 GMC SUV eastbound in Kansas City, Kan., near the Kansas Speedway when the vehicle entered the ditch on the south side of the road, according to a report from the Kansas Turnpike.
Jacobs over-corrected and struck the backside of the guard rail. The vehicle then flipped on its top and traveled upside down more than 200 feet. The vehicle ultimately came to rest on the driver's side door, on the right-hand shoulder.
The accident was reported about 3:45 Sunday morning and part of I-70 was shut down for several hours while Kansas Highway Patrol troopers investigated the accident.
More like this story
- Multiple Monday morning accidents cause traffic delays on turnpike
- Bonner Springs driver killed in I-70 accident
- Two Nortonville women killed in five-vehicle pileup near Linwood
- Tonganoxie High School student dies in Thursday rollover accident in Basehor
- One lane eastbound, two lanes westbound open on Kansas Turnpike after accident one mile east of East Lawrence Interchange