Area communities form Special Olympics team
A new Special Olympics team is forming in southern Leavenworth County.
Called the South County Comets, the team is looking for members and volunteers in Tonganoxie, Basehor, Linwood, Lansing and other area communities.
Potential athletes must be at least 8 years old and identified by an agency or professional as having one of the following conditions: intellectual disabilities, cognitive delays as measured by formal assessment or significant learning or vocational problems due to cognitive delay that require or have required specially-designed instruction.
Those interested in joining the new team can contact Marty McDowell by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- USD 458 receives good bond news
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas